Saturday, July 24, 2010

Squash and Star story

Squash is a racquet sport played by two players (or four players for doubles) in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. Squash is recognized by the IOC and remains in contention for incorporation in a future Olympic program


I don’t know is it worth or not. I chose squash as my cocurriculum. In my college 17 (the furthest hostel) of UPM, everyone picked cocurriculum which is located in there. There are only tennis, volleyball, taekwondo, bola jarring, and bakti siswa. None of them is my interest. Since this is my only university’s life, I don’t want to choose the sport that is not my interest. I don’t care other said ‘life will be busy’, ‘every sport is the same, we learnt only soft skill’, ‘need to wake up early to catch bus (that’s true)’ and so on. I am so determined to pick squash.

First day, I was late. Bus had gone. Luckily, seniors in K17 were willing to help me. They was very kind and fetched me till the front door of sport complex! As it was early, I went to toilet to set my hair.


My facilitator is Encik Junaidi. Luckily, I have a friend and also my previous school senior called Nyuk Ling. She helped me a lot and introduced some of her coursemate to me. The first class was boring with ice-breaking session. In this session, I could recognise some people’s faces who performed in the Zhong Hwa’s night. One is the drama’s main character, named Wei Ying. Second is modern dancer and also helped me to find the way when I got lost, named Si Min. All the undergraduates who are in my class are Seniors, no one is first year student except me. I am also the one who lived in K17 (the furthest hostel in UPM). So proud~~ haha… I m so narcisstic.

In the last 20 minutes, so happy I had a chance to play squash for a while with Xiang Lin (I think that I remembered wrongly, so sorry). She is much better than me. I enjoyed that moment.

After back to my college, I met an university assistance. He said our college is lacking of squash players. Furthermore, I can represent our K17 in the inter-college competition. Wah… I m not good at it at all and I just learnt squash in Melacca Matriculation College. Previously, I just played for fun. He takes my name, matrix number and contact number. What will I be? How will the squash links to my story? All is still remain as an unknown.

Squash, I like it, because it is the most stress-released indoor sport activity. No need to swear under the hot sun. We can hit the small elastic black squash ball with all our anger and strength to the wall. The wall still stand still (of course la!). After we release all the anger, then sure can feel better. In addition, playing squash needs a lot of skills and tactics to win. BUT that is for higher level, I m still a newbies!

Squash is fun. Try while you can. Believe me, you cannot hit back the ball after it bounces in your first time .




No comments:

Post a Comment